Work With Us
We’d love to have you join our team! Please use the form below to apply. Feel free to send in your resume even if you don't see the position you're looking for listed.
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goods. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving. The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we can maintain and expand our clientele.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
HOURLY RATE + TIPS!!!
The Artisan Cakery is an upscale, friendly café serving freshly baked cake by the slice, as well as mousse cakes, tarts, macaroons, eclairs and pastries. We also serve specialty espresso beverages, coffee and tea. We’re known for our artisan and hand-crafted deserts and pastries, resulting in a grease- and alcohol-free environment for our team members.
No Fryers and No Late Nights.
We take pride in every aspect of our work and perform it with energy and enthusiasm. We need strong team players with a commitment to serving our guests and creating our warm and friendly atmosphere at The Artisan Cakery.
As a Cakery Crew Member, you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service for our guests while ensuring a clean, fast, and friendly café environment. A Cakery Crew Member is trained to listen to our guest’s needs, and deliver it fast, accurate and with a friendly smile.
What else is in it for you? A lot! As a Cakery Crew Member, you will get competitive pay, meal discounts, career growth opportunities, and flexible scheduling. We're passionate about you and we want you on our team!
Physical standards for a Cakery Crew Member: Ability to stand and exert mobility in a fast-paced environment for up to six (6) hours in length; frequent reaching, bending, squatting and stooping; ability to safely lift and carry up to 30 pounds repetitively.